Wednesday, February 17

Giving up America for Lent

Location – LA terminal

Okay, you know when you always HOPE that there will be a stunningly attractive person on your flight? Well, wish granted! Hot, tan, rugged looking European man at 10 o'clock. Awesome :-)

Mom made me a yummy breakfast of polenta and raspberries! We got on the road at 9:00am – giving us just enough time to get to the MSP airport and arrive about an hour and 15 minutes before take-off.

At the check in counter, I find out that I need a visa to get into Australia since I have a flight there in October from Christchurch to Sydney. But, the nice lady says that as long as I apply for that visa before I go to AUS, I should be fine. Phew!

I had to take the shuttle to Terminal 2 in LAX. The weather in LA was beautiful!! Heat wave I tell ya! I spent a little time walking around outside and even saw the airplane as it taxied to the gate.

Apparently I needed to apply for a visa BEFORE I left the USA to get into Australia – and it cost $25! :-( So, NZ is free, but Aus charges it's visitors...already, New Zealand has one up on Australia *wink.

I went to exchange my $ for NZD. The lady at the counter just goes, “So, $183.20 to New Zealand dollars then?” And I'm like, “yeah! How'd you know?” She goes, “Didn't you say NZD? And I'm like, “Nope! You must just be able to tell.” Apparently, I am glowing “NEW ZEALAND” or something... :-D

~~~~~~~~ FAST FORWARD!! ~~~~~~~~

I AM ON THE PLANE TO NEW ZEALAND!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Oh man, I don't think anything could happen to bum me out...just can't stop smiling!! I think about where I'm going and all the fun I am going to have and I just have a perma grin on my face :-D

I have a couple things making this flight even more “grin” worthy :-)

1.) You know when I mentioned that there was this rugged, sexy man on my flight? Well, as luck would have it, he is sitting right in front of me to my left. I KNOW!!! Lucky me!

2.) I have always wanted to have a drink on a flight, but have never done it because either a.) I was underage... or b.) it was too crazy expensive! But, apparently Air New Zealand is AWESOME and has complimentary alcohol during the flight! So, I got a Bloody Mary (to ease my headache...) and woah...strong little guy it was!! I guess my meal didn't register as vegetarian, even though I requested it, so the attendant had to fix something different/special, but it was going to take about 15 min. But, about 45 minutes later, I was tipsy and really hungry! Hehe, I think they just got busy with other things and forgot. No worries... Dinner was really yummy – Queesh, asparagus, roll, crackers and cheese, and a tasty berry dessert. Now my tummy is filled! Nap time :-)

3.) Watched a movie via my personal tv in front of me :-) It was a NZ flick called “Shark vs. Eagle.” So cute!! And the main singer from “Flight of the Conchords” played the main guy! Not sure if they have NZ flicks in America, but if they do and you get a chance to check it out, I would recommend it! Gives you a little Kiwi flavor :-)

Well, as I listen to techno music and glance over, on occasion, at the beautiful man next to me, I start to get sleepy. I think it's time for a little shut eye. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment