Saturday, February 13

Kiwi's know what I'm talking about...

I thought I would put in a quick note about some of the words and titles I've used to create my new blog! Since I've just learned what they mean, I am assuming it would be a good idea to fill in the rest of you! So, here goes:

"Kiwi" - Actually, a flightless bird living in New Zealand; today, New Zealanders are also called "Kiwis" - so, I'm planning to meet a lot of them :-)

"Tramping" - Stop you're worrying, I will not be selling my body all over New Zealand to fund my travels... "Tramping" is a word used by the Kiwis to refer to hiking, along with backpacking and camping too - something I hope to do a whole lot of!

"Aotearoa"
- This is the native name for 'New Zealand' used by the Maori people. The Maori are indigenous population of New Zealand. Aotearoa means "the land of the long white cloud."

No comments:

Post a Comment